Our adoption plans are completely on hold once again. We had identified a local facilitator that we would love to work with and interviewed with them in April. But at about the same time, I found out that my disability benefits had run out. I tried working a bit more, but my arms got much worse. So in early May I accepted the inevitable fact that I had to stop working. Not only that, but it makes more financial sense for me to close the practice completely, because of overhead costs. So, as of June 1st, it's gone. For various reasons there isn't anyone to take it over.
Still, I held out hopes that we could swing an adoption this year. This facilitator requires very little money up front, and they had very few families waiting who would accept a child of any race, so our profile would be shown right away and frequently to birthmothers. Sounded like a fabulous opportunity!
But wait--when I told them that Kit is applying for a better job in Oregon, and we might move this year, they told me they can't do interstate adoptions. They are not an agency, and are not set up for that. They are not comfortable starting the process with us if we might move soon.
Something will surely happen in the next few months, but I really have no idea what that will be.
It seems you are keeping your chin up. That is good. Keep the faith... things will work out.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your arms and the closing of your practice, Jeanne. When your next child has joined your family, you will look back at all these trials and tribulations and they will simply be known as that crazy path to child no. 2. Thinking of you :)
ReplyDeleteOh Jeanne!! I'm just catching up on blog reading and was anxious to see how things were going. This really stinks. I certainly hope things move quickly to get you all settled and continuing on the path to little one #2.
ReplyDeleteI know this all must be so dissapointing.Please do not give up hope though. Things sometimes like I know, happen in interesting ways. Take care of yourself and hope that arm takes a turn for the better.
ReplyDelete