Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Back to Blogging--Update

I will just be honest and say that I've been too sad to blog. We have let go of our Russian adoption plan because we simply couldn't complete it. Given my extended disability, the money was impossible. I am sad about that because there was an actual baby girl waiting for a family. We didn't know who she was yet, but she is a real little person and I feel the loss.

In addition, my father-in-law passed away on October 26th, and we are dealing with those feelings. Prior to that, on October 13th, we had to put down our dog who had cancer. Prior to that, in early October, we learned of the sudden passing of a dear young friend. Too many endings, too much to deal with. All of this happened in the few weeks before my surgery.

All in all, I am glad to see 2009 coming to an end.

On the positive side, my arm is healing well. Thanks to everyone who has sent good wishes! I am now in the strengthening phase of my physical therapy. I can go back to work part-time in January. Fortunately, the doctor who has been filling in for me the past couple months will stay on one day per week.

Another bright spot in our universe is Gabriel. He is doing very well in his special ed preschool and is really starting to talk. We don't understand a lot of what he is trying to say yet, but it's clear he's catching on. He is starting to repeat words and trying to learn them, and he now really likes to look at books.

Here he is goofing around with Daddy's hat:

7 comments:

  1. 2009 was not so great for most people... so I can certainly understand with those additional losses and surgery/recovery it has been very hard for you. I'm glad to see you are back to blogging now. Hoping 2010 brings many blessings for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you are back we have all missed you, so sorry for all your loses my prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry forgot to ask which road are you taking to your second child, great news about Gabriel talking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabriel gets cuter with every picture! I'm sorry your year has been tough. Wishing you a much brighter and happier 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear from you. I know all about loss and grief and it just is hard!I wish you much luck and success in your next journey.Have you thought about a waiting child with correctable needs from China? It requires omly one trip. If we were to do things over this is probably the route we would go.Little Gabriel is really the cutest little guy!! Wishing you happiness and a healthy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne! I am just beginning to play catch up with my blog reading. I am so sorry for all your losses, and I see you let the I171 expire. Four years is a long time and you so deserve to GRIEVE for the loss of your baby girl. People don't understand what the process is like, and in some ways that child really IS "growing inside our hearts" and it is not just a word to a poem. Your Gabriel is so cute and sweet and I am glad to hear he is doing so well with his preschool! Here's to wishing to you a happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeanne, I hope 2010 is a better year for you. I'm sorry you had such a difficult 2009. I'm sending you lots of good mojo!!!

    ReplyDelete