Monday, January 25, 2010

Rainy day fun and a memory

We are having rain, rain, rain in California and I'm not complaining because we need it so badly. Gabriel seemed to enjoy staying home all weekend and playing with every toy in the house! On Saturday, he brought us some musical instruments from his room and said, "March!" That's the signal that we're expected to participate in a parade. He gets this idea every so often, and it's so cute that we always drop whatever we're doing and play along. I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures:


He also played Geo Trax a lot. They are his current favorite and he has to take at least some of the trains and figures into the bathtub and into bed.

At the end of the day, we suddenly realized that things had gotten very quiet. Usually that makes parents fearful of what is going on! But this is what we found:
Made bedtime very simple that night!

Yes, I cut his hair. I had to do it, because it was getting in his eyes. Fortunately, it will grow back just as curly. From the pictures we have, we know he gets his curls from his birthmother. He shares his curls and his name with her--she is Gabriela.

The sleeping picture reminds me of one of my all-time favorites, from his first birthday. We had a picnic in the park (you can do that in California in March!) and he fell asleep on Daddy's lap:

8 comments:

  1. adorable - glad he likes music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...the haircut! Still adorable as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I love his curls, the haircut is adorable too. Makes him look like such a big boy! The sleeping pictures are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so sweet. How I wish we were able to get together when you were in Keys last year. Next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am enjoying your notes and pix~~~ keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH he is so adorable with those curls! He is still as sweet now curled up after a long day, to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sleeping pic! He is so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, he is the CUTEST little boy EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete