Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Message from the Universe: Time to Rest

I heard today from the nearby medical school that I didn't get the job.  I really wasn't the perfect match for the position they had, which was partly teaching and partly working with very ill patients in their clinic.  However, they did love my teaching style, and there may be opportunities for part-time work in the upcoming semester.

That is actually sounding perfect to me right now.  Not financially, but physically.  The other night, I had 3 dreams in rapid succession.  In all of them, I was trying to perform a Herculean task.  I only remember the first one clearly--I was trying to pull a loaded mini van by riding a bicycle through thick mud.  The other people in the dream said, "Are you crazy??  STOP!!"  I don't remember what I was trying to do in the other dreams, but when I woke up, I thought, "wow, my body is trying to tell me something."

Also today (I love synchronicity), I got some junk email entitled "Whatever Happens is the Answer."  It said that when we ask for something--like a new job--the outcome is in fact the answer from the universe about what is the best course.

OK, I get it.  Right now I just have to rest.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the universe is speaking to you -- I only wish it would speak to me, too!! Rest, breath, enjoy your little guy, and be well. I'll have to remember that saying - 'whatever happens is the answer'. hmmmm ...

    ReplyDelete