Thursday, September 30, 2010

Good news! But....

I got the job!!  I am starting next week, doing a few hours per week of remote work.  Then we will move in December, and I start in person in January. 

But--Kit found out today that he can't transfer his Federal job to the new location.  There is no way for them to do it and stay budget neutral, which was a requirement.

We will still go forward, because my new job creates great long-term prospects for me.  It's really disappointing that Kit will be giving up work that he has done so well.  The person who had to say no wrote to him,
" I would give my right arm to get you on the team, you are outstanding in every way - but I cannot figure out a way to make it happen."

Talk about mixed feelings.

3 comments:

  1. Great news and great words for Kit! I am sure he'll embark on a new journey that will be for the best, keep the faith! Love, Tia N

    ReplyDelete
  2. OY! Congrats to you, but man....it's like one step forward and then two back, huh???? Hoping and praying it works out for him and the move is wonderful for you ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! Sorry it has to be bittersweet, but what a great move for your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete