Friday, November 5, 2010

We move in 6 weeks!

There is so much going on, and no time for blogging.  I will try to put some new cute pictures up soon!

We are moving north on or about December 16th.  Not much packing has happened yet.  I'd really like to get rid of stuff.  We have quite a few boxes in the garage that have never been unpacked since our move here from Ohio in 2002.  Yes, that means most of it has to go. 

We don't have a place to live yet, but we are going up next weekend to find one.  I will also have a day or so of work meetings, to get some things rolling.  We're hoping Kit can make some work connections, too.

We have our current house on the market.  It will have to be a short sale, and that's just the California scene right now.  Our realtors are pushing to get a bid quickly because the mortgage companies take so long to approve the short sales.  Yesterday, they had a realtors-only open house, and 50 people showed up.  Kit said the dining room table was covered with business cards.  Sounds like the realtors are desperate for business.  We have had 5 individual showings so far, and 2 more are coming tomorrow.  Just for the record, I do NOT like my home being on display. 

I'm a bit worried that our mortgage company won't respond in time to keep a prospective buyer.  I applied in July for a hardship loan modification, and they still haven't processed that paperwork.  When I called them in early October to inform them we are moving, I asked if we could start the short sale process.  They asked me not to, because they hadn't gotten around to my other paperwork yet.  But the realtor thinks that with an actual offer, they will be forced to respond.  I really don't trust the mortgage company at all.  I won't go into the details of all our dealings with them, but it's disgusting.  Everything you've read in the paper is true, and more.  They really don't care about actual people who live in actual houses.  It's all a bunch of asset shuffling to them.

6 comments:

  1. What a busy hectic time for you I am sure,especially before the holidays! All the best to you in selling your home and finding a new one.Hope all goes well with the transition for your little guy too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so much new news. I'm sorry to hear about the ugliness with your mortgage company. I have thought about attempting something with mine, but have hesitated due to some recent stories.

    I wish you all the best over the coming weeks. I love the new header picture...your little guy is getting so big.

    Congrats on the job!! That is wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally get that "California" scene right now because it's very similar to the "DC/Metro" scene and we have TWO houses--and a forced military move (well, that's to be expected, of course with the military!!!)....it's just ridiculous that the mortgage companies are so the way they are because you KNOW that a decent offer is better than NOTHING and yet, they are still sooooo greedy!!!! Hope it goes quickly and works out perfectly!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jeanne,
    The short sale/mortgage company problems seem to be everywhere. I know a ton of families dealing with short sales. Mortgage companies and banks suck.

    Congratulations on the new job! I'm sorry I haven't kept up with your blog. I'm really bad about that stuff. I wish all of you the best. Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the move! I hope the mortgage situation works out...it is such a horrible time right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mortgage companies are HORRIBLE. We are particularly put out with the Bank of America people who bought out Countrywide. But, that's another story. I hope things work out well. It's a stinky spot to be in this economy. BUT... good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete