Sunday, December 12, 2010

Four days left

The moving crunch is on!  We are not even half ready yet, but have some helpers coming this week every day.  Kit really couldn't do much until he finished working, and I just can't do much with my arms, still.   As Kit remarked, at one point we will just have to throw the remaining stuff into boxes and leave.

I really hope our next home will be forever.  Not just because moving is so awful, but also because we just want to have a long-term home. 

Things are coming together as well as can be expected.  Gabriel is really upset about the idea of a new home.  It's all too hard for him to understand.  So we have taken to calling the new place, "our #2 house".  He seems to accept that better for now.  Once we are there, we can introduce the idea of permanence.

Our wonderful realtors came by today with a little gift for Gabriel.  They said that our mortgage company has everything on hold for the short sale and is not being very responsive.  *sigh*  I don't have the energy to engage in that battle.

Sadly, our beloved dog Havi will not be making the move with us.  She has become quite ill in the past week, and even though we don't have an exact diagnosis, we feel her time has come.  We are confident it's the right decision, but what timing.  The last emotional blow in our long, sad goodbye to California.  Here is my sweetie, who has been with me for 13.5 years:





We took her on vacation last summer, and she was so excited to see snow at Crater Lake that she lay right down in it and proceeded to eat it!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jeanne, so sad that your sweet fur baby won't be up to making the new transition with you. HUGS - I know all this change is hard on everyone. I hope it gets easier! ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry this has all been such a transition...and with the added part of your sweet pup not coming. I know that pain--that decision making of when it's the right time and how to go about doing it....it's hard and gut-wrenching and I am so sorry for you to have to do it when there's so much going on. Thinking of you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete