The result of my interview is......more waiting. It was definitely worth going, and I feel like I made a good impression. Now they have to create a position for me! I did get some assurance that they will be creating these positions (medical education directors at clinical training sites), and that they consider me qualified. The other important part is location. They will have needs in 3 towns that would work for us with Kit's job. Two are near Seattle, and one is near Portland.
I flew into Seattle and drove over the Cascade mountains on the way to Yakima, which is a beautiful drive. Coming back, the Associate Dean recommended I take the road through Mt. Rainier National Park. It had just opened for the summer, and was fabulous! Here are some pics:



What I wouldn't have given to be in that car with you, Jeanne!!! We might have never made it through with me stopping you every three seconds, going, "WAIT!! I have to take a picture of that!" I'm glad things turned out well. Fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteWow...majestic!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad the interview went well--now hoping the wait for the positions to be created is SHORT!!!
Fabulous photos and sounds like all is set to go for this new job and home!!!
ReplyDeleteI love Washington State; one of the most beautiful places I have visited. Gorgeous pictures. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything falls into place for you!
ReplyDeleteI've always thought if I had to pick, that that would be a great place to live! So exciting!
ReplyDelete