Friday, July 23, 2010

Some movement on the job front!

This week I have had two very positive phone conversations with nice people at a hospital in Mt. Vernon, Washington (about an hour north of Seattle).  I found out that my resume was sent there by the school I visited last month, and the hospital is very ready to move forward with their medical education program.  So far, I like everything I hear about the place and their plans for the future.  It could be *perfect* for me. They don't quite have "my" job ready, but they will by January 1st.  My next step is to submit a formal job application so that I can be invited up to interview.

Meanwhile, on the same day that I had my first phone call, Kit had a discussion with his boss about the chances of being transferred to Seattle.  Strangely enough, the Seattle NOAA office is relatively short-staffed these days because lots of employees are working full-time on the oil spill.  So they might really need him to transfer there.  And their timeline would likely be January 1st.

I think we might be moving north in December.  :-)  Don't want to count my chickens, but these are just about the most positive bits of news I've had in over two years.

5 comments:

  1. Hoping so for you!!! That would be awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see some good movement coming your way !Hope all works out for the move up north which would be really great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like its going to happen!!! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so exciting! I hope everything works out for you!!

    ReplyDelete